View Single Post
fungineer
kakumei is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 09:47 PM       
i'm glad you liked your present, 10,000 volt ghost-- it's super exciting that the blind simpsons toy ended up being zombie bart. that is still totally on the zombie theme. sorry about the super lame packing material-- it's actually 3/4 of a chicago map that i carry around in my purse. i was going to grab a newspaper from outside, but i was already in line at the post office, and i didn't want to lose my spot. unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough packaging to keep the t-rex from jostling about-- it kept roaring while i was taping the box up. i guess t-rex hates traveling, but really who can blame him?

anyway, my secret santa was 10,000 volt ghost, amusingly enough. to get into the holiday mood, i put on my christmas socks and poured myself a glass of egg nog before opening my present.

say what?! how did he know that i wear t-shirts? it's a little big on me, but i can totally wear it as a dress around my apartment.

a copy of "the life aquatic" on DVD and "invisible monsters" by chuck palahniuk! i had to keep an eye on the invisible monsters, lest they run off while i wasn't looking.

wrapped up inside the domo shirt was probably the best part of the present. at first, i thought it was a human head, but then i discovered that it was even better than that...

a WTF snowglobe! the real WTF moment came though when i looked at the underside of the snowglobe:

it's from urban outfitters! somehow, i have a hard time believing that the type of people who frequent i-mockery would also frequent urban outfitters. not that we're not all super fashion savvy...
of course, as soon as i unpacked the snowglobe, my cat (waffle) decided it was hers and promptly rubbed her face on it before curling up around it and falling asleep, purring.

so thanks, 10,000 volt ghost-- this has been an awesome event, and i can't wait until next year's secret santa!