View Single Post
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM       
Raves, Tyler, and Bubba 2003ish to 2005ish

The end of this little tale begins with a fun little project that I had gotten involved with after I got fired from Amtrak. The job at Amtrak had been set up for me by a distant relative, and it was fucking sweet. I was a Service Attendant a position that is essentially a waiter/bartender on trains going all over the place. Of all the jobs I have had that I failed at, this was my favorite. There were multiple reasons that this job did not work out, but the number one reason (again) was Nancy hated it.

I wont go into great detail on the whole thing, but when your wife is supposed to pick you up after a twelve hour shift on the train and never shows, you got problems. When your kids stop making it to school because their piece of shit mother wont get up, or isnt even home to take them to school, you got problems. So I ended up missing an assignment and getting fired. I was sad, but life is what it is.

I ended up getting a job installing signs. This was a pretty fun gig, and the hours were pretty good. It didnt pay too great though, so I had to supplement my income. I took up doing light and sound with a friend of mine named Ronnie. Ronnie is a giant story himself. Ronnie has been running a recording studio since the late seventies, and has worked with giants in the local music scene, GO GO bands like EU and Rare Essence, Chuck Brown, and Little Benny and the Masters, and too many local rock bands to mention. We did shows all across the baltimore/washington area. In the course of our travels we made friends with a girl named Tyler, and she and Ronnie decided to start doing Raves.

Now, the best thing about doing a rave when you are part of the crew is that you are one of the few sober people there. I bounced trouble makers, helped people that took too much drugs, or got too hot. Nancy even bartended, it was a great time. I can probably say that this was prolly the happiest stretch of time in my adult life. Eventually the Rave scene started to cool off and our travelling show started going out of a defunct bar that we got leased to us for events. Tyler moved to Virginia Beach and had some adventures of epic proportions. There were a few good times, but the lack of money coming in and the amount of drugs being consumed (thank God I was sober at this point, or i would prolly have died) were making the whole thing pretty grim and sad.

One day it was raining. It had rained all night. It had rained all day before that, and the day before that. So on this particularly wet and rainy day the brilliant people that run the Community Service Program (those assholes you see picking up trash on the side of the road) decided to drag a bunch of people out to the side of the road in the fog to pick up trash. This trail of people was directly across a meadow that constitued the front yard of Ronnie's house. A dog that lived in the house next door to Ronnie had escaped the fenced yard an sauntered up to the road where the people were picking up trash.

This dog would eventually become the most beloved thing I have ever owned. I am not a big one to attach emotional attachment to animals. I pretty much consider them replaceable. Before anyone gets all up in arms about animal cruelty or anything, understand that I think you should be kind, and all that, but a dog is a dog, is a dog, or so I thought. I loved this animal as much as I have any person in the world. Bubba ended up being a lot of things, but he was my friend (hence the name).

So anyway, Bubba wandered up behing a man in the work gang. When this dude saw a giant Rottwiler approaching he freaked out and started to run. Towards the road, and in front of a dumptruck. The guy was run over and killed. Bubba had become a murder

ok...gotta go get cigarettes, and then i will work towards the end
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.