View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Okay, that was sarcasm, right? There are pretty much no reputable scientist left that disagree about Global warming, and that it's attributable to man made greenhouse gasses. Every major scientiffic body on earth has weighed in on this at this point.

Now I'm not saying that this means they couldn't be wrong. I am saying that if you choose not to believe in Global warning, that puts you in the camp the administration is in, which basically says that Science is no more useful than opinion. And that would be sad.
Sad to say, I kind of agree with Vinth. As you must know, science, like anything else is monetarily motivated nowadays. You purchase results with scientific reports that are mathematically skewed, graphically deceptive, with little or no counter-point arguments, ect. Global warming has been horrendously over-exaggerated (and, ironically, oversimplified. Weather systems are complex yet can be dumbed down to this minor aspect?) to the point where most people don't understand the terms and how global warming is even related to greenhouse effect? How much is due to pollution and how much is based on a normal, fluctuating cycle of events that would have happened anyway, regardless ... trends that cyclically existed before 19th-century manufacturing appeared on the scene and, all of a sudden, parallels are made?

Wherever you go, there you are.