View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype View Post
my two favorite forms of cardio are swimming and HIIT
same here, but I do DDR for HIIT. yes it fucking counts if you do the shit i do.

GW: generally speaking, don't do more than 10 minutes of cardio on lifting days--it will negatively impact your lifts and your body's ability to heal from lifts. your routine also needs more core work, shoulder work and back work other than lats (chins will cover your lats). I recommend deadlifts, standing dumbbell military presses, and cable rows. the bodyweight equivalents would be handstand shoulder presses and inverted rows. you don't have to do all this shit on the same day. beginners should usually pick 3 exercises to do per day. so for you, i'd recommend:

day 1:
3x5 barbell squat (or 3xlots of pistol squats)
3x5 bbell or dbell bench press (or 3xlots of pushups)
3x5 chin up

day 2:
1x5 barbell deadlift (or 3x lots of superman & crunches/situps)
3x5 standing dumbbell military press (or 3x5 handstand pushups)
3x5 cable row (or 3x lots of inverted rows)

exercises in parenthesis are bodyweight equivalents. don't settle for bodyweight shit if you don't have to because you won't get the results you want nearly as fast and you'll plateau early. squat and deadz are the most important lifts which is why i put them first, so if you get too tired to finish the whole thing (pussy) then you at least got the important stuff done.

btw this is my favorite site to pull exercises from, and it helps you to build an understanding of the musculature involved too:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

for example if you want more ideas for exercises that target the same muscles as cable rows, you could go to 'general back' and then goodness look at all those rows.