View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM       
I just don't expect they will join the Big 10. In the end, what it boils down to is the system. The Big 12, thanks entirely to a combination of the way the BCS has shaken out and ESPN's efforts, is one of the 2 conferences with an automatic bid (in the virtual sense) for the BCS championship. (If you don't believe me, you have only to look to the 5 undefeated teams last year. Out of the 5, the 2 that got in proved my point for me there.) So why would you go from a conference where you're dick gets sucked by the BCS and ESPN to a conference where the media will bitch slap you daily for not being in the SEC or Big 12 (and to a lesser degree, the Pac 10)? I think the AD of Texas is smart enough to know the little bit of money he might make up front (and I think even that's debatable honestly because the Big 12 is no slouch when it comes to revenue generation) will pale in comparison to the money he will lose long term thanks to long term media disenfranchisement, recruitment deflation, (most 5 stars seem to want to go to the Big 12 and the SEC) and disgruntled alumni not funding the school.