View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 04:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
I beat GTAIV and RDR. The cars handled like boats, the cover systems were abominable... and 40% of the game consisted of driving to a place or away from the police.
The crappy handling was an example of them trying to make the cars handle like their real world counterparts. A bad example. I had hoped that game designers learned their lesson from this, but the folks at Mafia 2 went one step further and brought in realistic handling for cars that are terrible.

And you are correct in pointing out that a game where you play a criminal does have quite a few points where you have to flee from the authorities.

As for K&L2, I have no interested because apart from being a bad port, the game appears to be the same bland cover-based shooter it was in the first incarnation. The reviews I've read all seem to mention the same problems:

1. Intentionally bad graphics look bad-bad.
2. The cover fails to serve as cover far too often.
3. The single player campaign is still short.
4. The story goes nowhere and ends rather anticlimactically.

Yahtzee even claimed that the last fight in the game was between K&L and two dogs. Please tell me that's just a joke.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...nch-2-Dog-Days

Posted because it's funny, and because it's the only one I've heard where he actually sounds angry while he's doing his thing.