View Single Post
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:29 AM       
other recent movie watchinz

THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN (terry gilliam) - gilliam's movies are always pretty fun (even though it seems like the last few i've watched have all included a gang of 5-6 men having adventures together). watching terry gilliam movies reminds me i still need to watch BRAZIL. also his wacky adventure movies make me think of jeunet or whoever - the french guy who did amelie and the city of lost children. i think he should make a new movie.

THE TRIP - rob brydon and steve coogan go on a trip together. what i liked about this movie: long, drawn-out, boring scenes in which steve and rob go back and forth spewing gibberish. what i didn't like about this movie: scenes without rob brydon.
a big theme in the movie is that people don't like steve coogan and he's a douche, but everybody loves rob brydon and he's likeable. this was portrayed very effectively, to the point that you're wishing the steve-coogan-only scenes were shorter.
ha ha h

THE NAKED CIVIL SERVANT - i guess i mentioned this a while ago when i watched the recent "unofficial follow-up" (an englishman in new york). based on quentin crisp's autobiography, this movie is basically john hurt being flamboyant and openly gay at a time when that was illegal/etc. john hurt is cool. quentin crisp was cool.