View Single Post
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:04 PM       
I had a stalker once. I was going to start a new thread telling you the story behind the experience because I didn't want to shift the focus away from the special fartin but ah here goes...!

It happened in the late 1990's and I was a then new member of aol. I was in a deaf social chatroom and I ran into a deaf girl who happened to be from massachusetts as well except that she lived in the southern part whereas I live in the east. Ironically, since the deaf community is so small where we all know each other, it was my first time meeting her. Turned out she cut herself loose from the community after graduating from an all deaf high school. Her parents whom are pakistanis and very traditional are strict about her social life. I told her I attended a mainstream high school that had a deaf program which provided interpreters. We knew several of the same people.

She and I got along pretty well. We had beeen exchanging emails and im's. She would send me few chain letters through email on a daily basis. It was innocuous even though I truly despise chain letters and I rarely ever read em. After few days of our online interaction, the number of chain letters eventually grew to 20-30 a day, exceeding the limit of space in my mailbox. I politely asked her to either reduce the number of chain letters or simply stop sending them. She respected my wishes and reduced the numbers of chain letters but it had only lasted few days before she started bombarding my mailbox again. And I had to ask her again, only this time she wouldn't relent and continued to click on "forward" to my mailbox 30 times a day.

I got fed up and decided to block her address. But that didn't stop her from creating a new handle and continue to send me 30 chain letters a day. I was super pissed about it and blasted at her through the im. I told her I didn't want to talk to her again but the problem is, she would im me right at the moment every time I signed into my aol account. So I had to set up my buddylist in view only mode where only selected friends can see my name on their list. When I thought I was truly free from her, she had im'd me again with yet ANOTHER new handle even though she cannot see my name on her buddy list. I was truly spooked by it. I really wanted her to just forget about me and move on with her life. So I replied pretending to be my little sister who was using my account. "My little sister" told her that I had been struck by a moving 18 wheeler and I had been killed instantly. It was the most vile thing I've ever done but the method worked obviously and I had never heard from her again.

Now here's a postscript to this story where it got really fucked up...

Two months after we last spoke, I received an email from christine, my ex-classmate and an old friend saying that she spoke with the former director of the deaf program at our high school and he informed her that "Greg P is still alive and well. He is attending an university in Rhode Island." I was a bit puzzled by this email and replied to her asking what the story was. She told me that there was a rumor that had been flying around the deaf community in the past couple of months that Greg P, who have the same first name as I do and we graduated together, had been killed by a moving 18 wheeler so she wanted to put the rumor to rest. I had absolutely no idea there was a rumor about it being passed around so I asked her where the rumor that he had been killed by a moving 18 wheeler got started. She said the name, Billy. I knew the guy but we rarely talk to each other. So I went ahead and emailed him about Greg P and the rumor. Billy said he had first heard from my stalker, whom he talks to ocassionally, that I was dead but he knew it was impossible because we had seen each other at a deaf gatherings in six flags few days prior to the news, so he assumed that she was speaking of the other Greg who disappeared after graduation. I emailed the entire community and cleared up the story behind the rumor, I even issued an apology. No one had spoken to me again for few months, if not years, except for my close friends who thought it was hilarious anyway.

True story.

Anyway back to fartin.