View Single Post
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 03:12 AM        Eating healthy and being poor
Currently I'm working alot, and in my free time I workout and run (on top of playing videogames and guitar) and I'm trying to find some tasty food that isn't absolutely terrible for you. Working it into a budget would be helpful too but not required.

This is hard to do when you smoke reefer though, so for the entire month of december I'm not going to smoke at all.

Anyways, I love fruit. Oranges, pears, apples, grapes and plums. Shit is expensive though and I probably could comfortably eat about $10 worth of fruit a day.

Currently one of my favorite healthy things to eat are about a half bag of the grilled chicken strips in the lunchmeat aisle, in a frying pan with some olive oil until it starts getting brown, some strawberry balsamic reduction (its in the salad dressing aisle, about 4 bucks and it lasts forever) and then on a plate with diced tomatoes on top. It's really good. Same thing on top of lettuce for a salad is pretty great too.

In the mornings I eat about 3 egg whites and one yolk just scrambled up. Eggs are cheap as shit. an 18 pack lasts about a week and goes from about $1.50 to $2.00

also, I used to drink whole milk all the time as a kid, anything less was like water. 2% is great though. Anything less than that and I personally can't do it.

steamed broccoli is great with a little salt (I like it plain) and it's easy to steam if you're super poor and just have a pot. Take a sheet of tinfoil, make it into a bowl/boat shape, toss the broccoli in it, float it in a pot of boiling water with a lid.

Also, if you have to have them, fat free mayo and fat free sour cream taste just as good as regular. Stuff like fat free ranch and ice cream and the like taste like shit and I'd rather just cut them out all together.

And my favorite thing right now is cottage cheese. reduced fat and light taste just as good as regular. one of my ex's got me into cottage cheese and she just ate it plain with black pepper. it's pretty good but I like a scoop with some cut up fresh fruit, lately I cut up about 10 seedless green grapes and throw them in and it's tasty as SHIT.

Can anyone suggest anything else?

(alright thread, good luck!)