View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM       
The Cubbies have great pitching, and right now are on a winning streak that could conceivably go on until they're interleague match-ups start; playing against the a weak Padres team, the mediocre Dodgers whom they just swept, and the Braves, who I wouldn't believe were above .500 if I hadn't seen the standings.

The Rays have a great opportunity to nail down the AL East. Manny is the best player on the Sox, but Papi is the heart of the team. Him being out for an undetermined amount of time for the wrist is going to hurt Boston.

Honestly, now that I've thought about it, I'd be all for a Rays/Cubs World Series. Sure, Chi-town fans would get bitten by the obnoxious bug that infected Boston 4 years ago, but Sox fans earned it and so have Cubs fans.

Plus, who knows, Joe Mantegna, Robert Smigel, George Wendt, and Mike Myers might throw on the Superfans 'staches again and give us an SNL sketch worth watching.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"