View Single Post
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Well, if they are swimming the Rio Grade and cutting a whole in the fence rather than just going throught the chekpoints, thats a pretty big clue.
I'm not talkin about people caught attempting to enter the country, I'm talking about anyone in the country with brown skin. How bout a hypothetical 15 year old son of legal immigrants, who unfortunately doesn't have a drivers license, doesn't speak English, and can't prove he's a legal citizen on the spot. Should he be arrested on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant? Deported if his parents can't come up with his birth certificate? Wait, if there's no hearing, they don't even get the chance to provide his birth certificate! See what I'm getting at here?

Quote:
I can sympathise with their feelings and illegal immigration is a huge problem, especially in the border states. However, I get kind of nervous thinking this just might turn into vigilante justice.
Even more nerve-wreaking, what happens when the first group of these people catches automatic weapons fire from drug smugglers? It's a very real danger that these people are not even remotely prepared to handle.