View Single Post

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 01:21 AM       
Quote:
Let's not forget. The burden is on Saddam to show evidence that he has destroyed his WMD, not on anyone to find evidence that he has WMD. This get's forgotton all too often.

El Blanco is right.
Now, its probably not for me to say whether or not this applies, but...

If someone accuses you of a crime, it is not your responsibility to prove your innocence, it is the accusing party's responsibility to prove your guilt.

It is almost impossible for him to prove that he has destroyed everything, because there is always the possibility of something hidden, and that means the the U.S. will never be satisfied with anything he says. Even if he did tell the truth and try to back it up with proof, I do not beleive that anyone would take him seriously at this point, or that Bush would back off. So what the hell is the guy supposed to do?

The U.N. needs to come out with a clear statement about what it expects from this man. Then it needs to state in no uncertain terms that compliance will end all talk of war, and non-compliance means use of force.

The problem now is that no matter what he does, its "not enough" and hes "stalling for time". well, what the fuck do you want.

Assume for a minute that he is telling the truth and there are no weapons of mass destruction. Probably not true, but innocent untill proven guilty right...?

Anyway, if he is telling the truth, what would it take to satisfy the pro-war group? I dont think its possible to do that, and thats why I'm opposed to this war. This is not about any real danger from Iraq, this is about impatience. This man is so well contained st the moment that he is no threat to anybody, especially the U.S. There is nothing this man can do right now short of stepping down and fleeing the country(not really such a bad thing, but he probably wont) that would appease the warhawks, and I find that senseless desire for war disgusting.

War is inevitable, not because Saddam is lying, not because there is some moral grounds for removing him, but simply because Bush wants it. There will be no other way because Bush wont accept that under any circumstances, and the whole process is a sham. Time will prove me right.