Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
Do you find this statement a bit paradoxal, Coolinator? In the same sentence you make two opposite claims.
If you pulled that 6% figure out of anything apart from your behind, it's still an alarming percentage.
The first part of that statement was directed towards the Sun and Volcanic activity (Non-man made). The second part was the percentage of human activity as a whole and I didn't specify how we affected the environment. Compared to the amount that 1 volcano or a sun cycle heavy in sun spots could do it's completely negligable.

Quote:
Consider how very little warming it takes to lay waste to entire coastal areas, owing to ice melting.
When has Global Warming ever destroyed anything? I can't find one natural disaster that was ever linked to global warming.

Quote:
One could argue that mother earth has been through worse, and that a few degrees up and down isn't much in the big picture, but we're talking very fragile human societies here; island nations that simply can't afford moving and have nowhere to go. Maybe the entire biosphere isn't at risk, but poor people certainly are.
That's all very melodramatic and all but its not proven it will do this. Don't think emotionally. Ask yourself who is telling you all these gloom and doom stories? Where are these ideas manifesting from?

Please, read the articles that I posted, see what's really going on. The world is not going to come to an end because Al Gore and Company say it is. I understand that there is pollution but their solutions will not change a thing.