View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 03:13 PM       
Preech, you got kids? I have two. Even at the current rate, Insurance is still a far better deal than putting the same amount into a health savings plan.

And the government would at least be in a position to serve me (and the many people way worse off than I am) if the wealth gap weren't so fucking huge. I know you think I'm nuts, especially concidering how cuynical I am about human nature. Keep in mind I don't expect success. I expect mostly failure. But to me the goal of government should be the betterment of all citizens through collective effort. Not that we don't do a fair amount of this compared to lots of other places. But we could do a damn site better protecting our weakest from our strongest.

I'm not waiting. I vote, I raise money for the poor and donate time, I'm active in my community, la, la, la. Small beans, but all I've got. Oh, and I complain and mouth off at every opportunity, enough so that should we lapse into totalitarianism it should be very easy to find me, but only worth it after you've alredy jailed all the more effective people.

AND I think economics is a soft soft soft science greased with so much snake oil it guarantess anal leakage.