View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 05:03 PM       
GB, Yep... HSAs are generally best for those without kids. The main thing I was suggesting to max was that he should at least investigate obtaining his own insurance instead of relying on his employer. I'd either forgotten or did not know his current paternal status.

Please keep in mind that HSAs are a very new concept, but the represent a revolution in insurance. There were only 2 or 3 companies offering the trial version up until 1/1/1, but once the restrictions were removed tons of companies figured them out and began to market them. Sure, they are not currently best for everybody, but they are a much healthier model of insurance than the old copay/major medical plans. Competition will make them stronger and more flexible. While the old plans will cover less and less at increasing prices, HSAs are going to get cheaper while expanding their benefits. Keep an open mind. You might yet find a better option in future HSA plans...

A Dubya benefit update: The main roadblock to individual ownership of health insurance has been that COBRA continuation does not apply unless the policy was purchased by your employer. From what I've heard, in last night's SOTU (I cannot watch... too much freaking clapping) it was promised that this little oddity will end, affording the same protections to individual policies as have been available to group setups.

This will likely revitalize the struggling individual health market. God knows there's sufficient demand at this point... Let's hope removing the financial roadblocks will help the supply side kick in. Our healthcare crisis might yet have a private solution!

I've run out of time...

Blanco: I can answer your questions... but it'll have to wait until the weekend...

Max: Give it a shot, man. You could call Pablo Neruda a shitty writer if you were biased against what you thought he was trying to express. You don't think Pablo Neruda's a shitty writer, do you max? Shitty writing or not, and I happen to disagree, I think you'll get a kick out of it even if you don't like what she has to say.

Scru: You're reading too much into my question. Max is advocating a forceful government style. Just because it does what you want does not make it soemthing other than totalitarian.

george: Not only do I not know you, but your comments are retarded and you told me to fuck myself. Feel free to take your own advice. If I saw you on the street I would SO beat your ass and such.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!