View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 1st, 2009, 11:24 AM       
I had a dream last night that I was standing at the top of a long, steep staircase. And close behind me, almost close enough to make me lose my balance and fall backwards, was another identical long, steep staircase. On either one, the handrail didn't start till like halfway down, so I was just trying to balance between them. It looked like I was going to fall either way.

Then suddenly I was either in Vegas or Atlantic City (had elements of both). There was this crowded, county-fair atmosphere where they were trying to entice people into ridiculous games of chance. One was a kiddie pool with a round piece of plexiglass over the top. It was filled with thick rubbery plastic chips. You paid and reached in for a chip and it was supposed to have the symbol on it of whatever you would be arrested for someday. Like, I could see pictures of pot leaves printed on some. So I paid and reached in, thinking "Ha ha, I've never been arrested, I'll show them" and I pull out a chip with a picture of a lobster on it. I say, "What the hell? A lobster? How can I get arrested for lobster?"

So I'm all pissed and I walk away, and this woman is following me. She looks like Tony's sister from the Sopranos. She's watching the front pocket of my hoodie and I realize that she saw me pull money out of it to pay the lobster-chip guy. She tries to tackle me and reach into the pocket and I somehow beat the everloving hell out of her.

The rest of the dream was short, tv-like clips of bad stuff happening in this Vegaslike environment. Hugh Hefner's old girlfriends were staying at the Luxor (that big glass pyramid one) and Bridget's cat got out the window. It was jumping around and they were trying to coax it back. At one point it jumped within reach, and just as they reached for it, it jumped away from them again and slid to its death. The screen froze and something stupid like HASTA LA VISTA #2 appeared in yellow 80s font in the corner.

I have no idea what brings these on, although the stair thing was probably just my gimp-anxiety (forced into a dangerous situation, with safety out of reach).

Last edited by Kitsa : Jan 1st, 2009 at 04:16 PM.