View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 02:54 PM       
Yeah, didn't really need the refresher. I think the first Ju-On:The Grudge was the only one to really creep me out. I've got to admit I've got a lasting fascination with the series, as you've probably surmised. Mainly, though, blahblah house blah blah murders blah blah croaking mom coming down the stairs blahblah startling blue catboy. Everything else is basically a variation on the theme, swapping out wigs and cellphones and the diary with the eye in it and there's that crumpled photo of the family again.

The croaking. That fucking croaking. What could raise goosebumps in the beginning is now sounding more to me like an out-of-ideas director leaning into the mic to deliver a slow gaseous emission. I know by now it's supposed to be like Shimizu's version of that "Ch-ch-ha-ha" (or "Ja-ja-son-son", depending on who you ask), but all I can hear now is braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppp.