View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 01:56 PM       
When I was a kid, my mom used to "clean up" my room by throwing anything that was out into a rubbermaid tub and putting the rubbermaid tub somewhere I couldn't get to it. It was a fast way to clean a room, yeah, but then I was wondering where the hell my clothes and homework and crayons and all that were. So years later (sometimes 20 years later) I'd find these bins and bam, it's like a fucking time capsule. That's why I have all my school papers and toys from when I was a kid.

Found another "time capsule" today, from when my parents moved states and threw all my stuff into boxes. It's been in sealed storage for 7 years. I went through it today...all the paperwork that went missing from college and work (so that's where my dental insurance card went), ancient toiletries, even a bagful of candy from my desk at work. It's a weird phenomenon around here but kind of fun.

Perhaps not coincidentally, I grew up feeling panicked that I couldn't stand guard over my stuff all the time.