View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 01:55 PM       
"VINTH/NEWSFILTER CHALLENGE OVER"

Thank God.

Well, I'll say it's been fun for a few days, but I think I'm going to slink back into my Newsfilter hole. Among the assorted and inevitable useless users here there are more bright bulbs than I expected to find... and a possible few diamonds in the rough that I guess I'm not willing to wait for their "warming up" to finish.

I don't think this little Post-Vince-Challenge experiment in idea exchange was ever intended to be a pissing contest, and I'm sorry if some of you have taken it as that. Most of most regular users on Newsfilter have argued and debated themselves into pretty similar views on many things, and sometimes it's fun to seek fresh perspectives.

Any of you that wish to register on Newsfilter, please feel free to do so. I'd love to stick around and argue about abortion and whatnot, but I have my own board to help run and, sadly, there's only so much time in the world.

Currently, we have no banned members, and the only thing that's accepted as warranting that these days is extremely vicious and dogged attacks against members or their loved ones, which I believe we can all agree to be unneccesary in any case.

You have a nice little group here, as do we, in my opinion. I think you gained some valuable contributors from this past week's fun and games, and I hope you all realize that you have your friend VINCE to thank for that.

Finally, and on that note: In my own experience, he's not as bad a guy as you guys think. I'm sure your own personal experiences are valid, but you have to remember that the internet isn't very helpful in making real judgements on people's personalities. From my point of view, you don't yet know Vince, and all your doing is perpetuating a flawed impression for fun... but you and he both benefit from that, I suppose...

Either way. HAVE A NICE DAY.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!