View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:23 PM       
you are incorrect.

So far the only games that are worth playing on the system (that I've found) are Hotel Mario, all the Don Bleuth games, and Voyeur. Oh, and Burn Cycle. I actually really like that game. :< More than hotel mario, so I take that back.

The CD-i community is constantly screaming and masturbating to 'The Apprentice' but it's a really, really sub-par platformer that's impossibly hard. It does, however, have the best graphics and animation on CD-i, mostly due to the fact that it uses the Digital Video Cartridge expansion, but only uses the extra RAM it provides and doesn't contain full-motion video. It looks like a Neo-Geo game, which on the CD-i is an amazing accomplishment.

The two CD-is I have are a CDI 490, formerly from the Hard Rock cafe in Hawaii, and it came with the training disc they made for it; and a CDI 604 Professional, which is the type of CD-is that schools got sent and is one model away from the Devkit version. It's got a floppy drive and VGA output.

CDI 490

This is one of the few CD-is that came with a DVC installed standard.

CDI 604 Professional

This model requires a very specific DVC unit and didn't come with it, so I'm basically SOL for getting this one to run a lot of CD-i games :<