View Single Post
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM       
Pharaoh, I'm a Muslim. Not a convert. I was born a Muslim, I lived in a Muslim country all of my life, I've been to Mecca three times, I've read the Koran in its original language AND in Farsi AND I think you're stupid.

I don't think you can possibly call yourself educated enough to make sweeping judgements about religion.

You've read ONE translation of the Koran which convinces you that it's brimming with bullshit. I repeat: That is one translation. Authors LIE and misquote religious texts all the time EVEN if they are part of that religion. I've read loads of shitty translations written by other actual Muslims: Pakistanis, Indonesians, Saudis. They were bad enough to make me want to throttle myself to the floor. It's not frusterating because it's merely misleading, it's frusterating because I've read the original text and I know what's in it. That makes it easier for me to detect shit when I read/hear it. And throughout this thread my fucking detector just wouldn't shut up, thanks to your post and that other one's, Kultureadsdfkampf.

Do you know how many translations of the Koran exist in the English language?

Over 200.

Do you honestly think that every one of them is reliable? Do you honestly think that none of these are going to be biased? Do you think that none of these authors will want to convince you of certain things that aren't necessarily true, and don't you think that if that is their aim they would go out of their way and skew certain facts and misquote a few verses just to convince you of something that isn't really there?

If you stopped trying to brand others with illiteracy, and dealt with your own suffering of said problem, you'd actually realize that it's an accepted practice that you cannot translate from one language to another (as your stunning rendition of Arabic to English is showing us now) flawlessly.

Different words exist in different cultures, Japan has the same word for catastrophe as opportunity. Imagine the difference this would make when you're trying to translate an incredibly old text which has words in it that aren't even used in modern Arabic. There are at least 22 Arabic dialects - Those in the Persian Gulf have similar words that refer to completely different things than those in North Africa. Imagine how differently we would all interpret the Koran upon reading.

The Koran doesn't preach MURDER. The koran preaches the right to DEFEND - and if that has to be through murder then so be it. It does not give you the right to attack until it's a last resort. You have to be attacked in order to attack back, and even then, you have to do it through the right party. You can not kill innocent Jews, for example, just because Jewish Israeli soldiers killed a bunch of Muslims in Palestine. That goes against the Koran and is punishible.

The Koran is such a difficult text to comprehend that even MUSLIMS misunderstand most of it, why fucking else would we (the Sunnis) keep fighting with the Shiites? Why fucking else are Wahabists looked down upon in Islamic countries other than Saudi Arabia? Why fucking else are Islamic feminists in constant battle with Muslim political feminists in the Arab world? Because we all interpreted the verses differently.

Islam is not an easy religion. You can't label things 'A' and 'B' and assume that all of us are going to agree with your ever so stupid assumptions. That's why it's a major in many Universities, especially in the Middle East. I know what you're thinking: But they all speak Arabic, why can't they just read it in its original text and understand what it means? Because we too are mislead. That is why stupid terrorists have fooled many of you into believing that they are doing this for the sake of Islam.

Bullshit.

They are doing this for the sake of MONEY. Terrorist organizations around the world are not out to help you understand Islam, nor do they want to convert the world to this religion that they clearly do not understand. They want your money, they want our lives. I say OUR lives because they kill and threaten us as much as they threaten you. I come from Bahrain, which is 45 minutes away from Khobar, Saudi Arabia. I've had family members die due to domestic terrorism. Why would a Muslim attack a fellow Muslim?

Firstly because our corrupt and rediculous governments let them get away with it. Secondly, they get PAID. They do this shit because it helps them get their friends out of prison. "If you don't let them go, we will keep attacking!"

We don't have the technology required to track these mofos down.

Terrorists exists today because their methods work. We have a laughable political culture where you can get away with shady shit. Sudan is known for financially assisting terrorist organizations, so are some really wealthy Saudis. What the fuck does that have to with us? Why do we get the blame as 'Muslims' and 'Arabs' if most of us don't have the heart to do what we are accused of?

When shit like this happens, it does not mean that we are stupid sheep following the headless Zombie that goes by 'Prophet Mohammed', nor does it mean that we are following a religion blindly without wanting to understand what it truly means. It simply means that our media is privately owned and we are forced to sit through the world looking at us through one lense. Basically, we have no choice but to sit here and watch painfully tedious moronic loners like Pharaoh who thinks it's fun to moon a religion and orders it to kiss his herpes-infested asshole because, guess what guys? He's not buying any of it. Big deal. If you think Muslims are the shit on the shoes of humanity then you'd be the dog licking it.

I pity anyone who bases their opinions on a single book they read about a religion they are still clueless about. I shudder with embarrassment for anyone who believes such generalizations without feeling the need to get off their flabby asses and research it further instead of nodding their heads and agreeing to place entirely different NATIONS and beliefs under ONE lazy catagory.

We don't all believe in the same thing. An average Muslim in Muritania would be different than your average Muslim in Yemen. Get over it and hush your sassing.

I argue all the time with other Muslims about what the Koran really says. I argue all the time with professors who teach Islamic Studies abroad. We all argue, but we don't do it ignorantly like you do because we've lived through this our whole lives. We've seen how this religion evolve and change and it saddens me that it has gone downhill due to mass media. The professors I've encountered were living amongst Muslims for many years, studying their movements, studying the different groups of Muslims, and even THEY still admit that they're clueless when it comes to the Koran because they have yet to find a propler translation that doesn't go against what they've seen in Muslim countries they've lived in.

You can't possibly understand terrorism if you're not from a region that has to deal with this everyday. I'm not talking about your yearly 9/11. I'm not talking about European attacks. I'm talking about driving to Saudi to see your family only to be stopped by armed men that look exactly like the terrorists you're constantly exposed to on TV, only to be humiliated in front of others. If you think what you're going through is hell, you can see what these "Muslims" are doing to their fellow Muslims. Imams do this. In my country alone there's 4 official sex offenders who used to preach in mosques. How fucking ironic, dumbass. You'd probably insist that Allah asked them to stab these girls with their wooden peckers. He is so evil, yeah? HE WANTS HIS FOLLOWERS TO TAKE OVER UR COUNTRY RUN FOR THE HILLS. KIDDING GO MAKE ME A SANDWICH.

I studied the Koran for 6 years and STILL, I don't consider myself an expert. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm still 19, but only now have I travelled abroad to pursue a proper education. I've been in a public school studying Persian and Islamic studies and trying my damndest to analyze things accurately. It didn't work that well - because the language used in the Koran is difficult, since it's so perfect and exceptional. But it still felt like I was trying to read through numbers.

But you come here, with your stupid little translation and tell the other members that you know more about this religion than your average ugly toad?

I am SO sick of dimwits like you not knowing how to differentiate between a government, its people, and the religion they supposedly follow. Ahmednijad of Iran is a dick because he's power hungry and his breath smells like fishcakes, not because he's simply Muslim. If he attacked America he'd do it because he's a big dick whose breath smells like fishcakes, not because he's following the Koran.

The Sharia law is a joke because most of it is INVENTED by people who want POWER. Look at Saudi's history and I fucking dare you to prove me wrong. I'm sure you'd still try, by bringing Pat Buchanen along and be so sure that what he has to say is based on accurate analysis and observation and is therefore a solid fact, because you're stupid. And I don't mean just 'haha, stupid.' I mean, 'I want to stomp your face in,' stupid. I mean, 'I want to eat you inside out while you're still alive,' stupid. And this is why I appear to be a tad miffed and irate.

Quote:
Just highlight the parts that aren't shit, it'll use up a lot less ink.
In fact it won't use up any.
I'm sure you can do all sorts of other exciting things with the crayons they let you draw with.

Seriously, what a cretinous thread.

Like the sound of a baby shitting itself.