View Single Post
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 04:19 AM       
unfortunately, i don't think i can do anything about the last problem: this game sucks

it's got resident evil tank-style controls for the non-combat parts, and in order to save you have to collect "magic rings" (cough cough ink ribbons) and there's a limited number of them and you also can use them to buy hints when you're stuck, so what inevitably happens is in the sake of being frugal i will not save when i really should and then get killed/the game crashes and i have to restart (THIS JUST HAPPENED BTW)

although the story IS interesting, and i think i've actually gotten farther this time, the interface and mechanics are just so off-putting

maybe if i had it for DC and could feel more secure that it's not gonna crash (and so that the shit control scheme could be justified) i'd be enjoying it more, idk

oh ps for some reason when you're in the inventory screen it gets incredibly unresponsive, sometimes you have to push a button two or three times before it responds