View Single Post

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:19 PM       
my bad, went a bit off topic there.
Anyway, I have to disagree for the most part on the government healthcare for everyone. Mostly due to the fact that those who can afford it, can pay for private insurance. Let the government act like a safety net, as someone stated earlier. Also, there are state programs that those in need can turn to if need be, so its not really as bleak as people make it out to be if your poor. In fact, Im looking into this Washington State ran health insurance currently. Its not the best by far, but its all I really need.
that brings me to another point. If healthcare was solely government funded, what about things that arent necessarily necessary, but would make things more convienent? Laser eye sugery is one thing. No way in hell the Government would cover that, but my friend got it done a few months ago, and the healthcare package that his employer (Albertsons) offered covered it completely. Sure, his vision could have been easily corrected with glasses, but his provider was of better quality, because his company could afford it. Everyone's happy, nobody got screwed, so why change it? Free healthcare is out there, you just need to know where to look.