View Single Post
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...

While it is true that goverments are typically wasteful, I believe I can say that does not make up for the drive for profit in companies. Even if companies are more resourceful, I still think that the gap would be in favor of the government as far as fewer expences to the citizen. I make this judgement from facts I have seen, such as on this: http://www.2ontario.com/welcome/ooql_402.asp
Stop comparing us to Canada or any other country with a different form of gonerment, smaller population, or different economy.

Quote:
Furthermore, since the government does it the most expensive way, healthcare would be improved. Another strong point is that economic planners from those dead insurance companies could be hired to make the process as efficent as possible.
Give me an example of that happening in the last 50 years. The government will pay higher prices for inferior service. Its how they work. Again, look at their construction projects.

Quote:
I do believe I just addressed that in the above statement.
No, you just said "Despite everythingI've seen, I'm sure the government can to a complete 180 and do this right"

Quote:
I'm not really sure what your point was with that statement.
That a private company driven by profits can be predicted. They do their best by making customers happy. We, unfortunatly drove healthcare prices up, not them.

Quote:

Words of wisdom indeed, but it will never happen.
Ya, well, why should be be rewarded for being animals?

Quote:
And even if it did, the government would either cut taxes or put the money into something else, like education.
What? Explain that to me?