View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:12 PM       
I've had several what I call epiphanies in my life, the first of which happened in college. I was (excuse the expression) being a lemming, allowing myself to be led into what was (or could have been) a cult-like born-again Christian group. I was going to chuch, giving testimony and generally acting like a robot when suddenly a voice called me - yes it sounds schizophrenic, but that's how it felt - and said clearly "You don't need this, you are better than this." Afterward, I felt a peace that I hadn't ever felt before - I stayed friends with these folks, but I no longer NEEDED them. I rejoined my life, as a better more fulfilled human being, secure in the knowledge that I no longer NEEDED religion to be a worthwhile individual.

There have been other instances that I recall clearly, but this is the one that appears to me to be the most relevant to this discussion.
You may already be there.