View Single Post

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:14 AM       
We give money to these schools and build them up to be better than what the surburban kids have, even better. But ya know, that is the problem with the liberal viewpoint. I am not saying this is your own. But the viewpoint of just throwing money at something to fix it is faulty at best.

Going to dwell back into my personal life for a bit, and its a good analogy: I used to be one tubby fat fuck. 6'4" and almost 500lbs. I was up shit creek. Now, I always had access to the best exercise equipment and trainers, but I was too fucking lazy to do anything. I was never motivated.

One day, I met a girl who really liked me. I was suprised and shocked, of course. So, I decided to get into shape for her. So I went out, not able to access the best items, and i lost weight. Now, after 3 years of going at it, I am down now to about 225lbs, an approximate.

Now, the moral of the story is that you can throw money and nice computers and visual aids at students all day long. If the teachers suck and the school is unsafe and everything else is horrible, the kids wont be motivated to learn shit. Its feel good liberalism of "just doing something" instead of "getting something done" that would have eventually killed me and what is going to screw the children of the future.