View Single Post
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 03:05 AM       
I want to say that it absolutely insane that Nintendo went over 15 years without making new 2D Mario games. The 3D Mario games are great, but they aren't a replacement for 2D Mario's. Conan's joke a while ago (where he played of the fact that some internet sites were joking that Conan stole his new set background from Super Mario Bros. Games) is definitive proof that, to the public at large, Mario is a 2D series. There is absolutely no reason why the various games (2D, 3D, RPG, Sports Spin-Offs) can't exist together.

That said, I'm not very excited for NSMBW. I rushed out to get NSMB, and was quite disappointed with how adequate it is. Mario's return to 2D should have been glorious, instead it is O.K. NSMBW doesn't seem to be much of an improvement. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to miss the first 2D Mario game on a console in 18 years. I just hope they actually try for this one (same way I feel about Galaxy 2, actually).

I hope there is a hard mode available. It'll be disappointing to have the Koopalings back, and have them be easy as they are in those videos.

@Darkvare: The game is simultaneously co-op and competitive. It's like the Four Swords games- Help each other through some obstacles, then fight for the points. In other words, you're kinda supposed to be an asshole.