Thread: Tipping
View Single Post
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM       
tipping is a gray area for me. typically i prefer a server to stay the fuck out of my experience and just take my order, refill my drink, ask if i want dessert, and bring me my check. i hate conversations with servers. it's clearly fake and just like any conversation with someone who works in an establishment that involves customer interaction. it's just hollow

however, there is an exception. there's a china buffet near where i live, and i eat there with friends all the time. now remember, it's a buffet. there is nothing food related to order. there is no bar. the only thing your server does is take a drink order (which is water, tea, soda, beer, or wine, nothing fancy), take away dirt plates, refill said drinks, and bring your check. we are expected to tip, but for what? and because they are all chinese they don't say anything. they come to the table and go "you want drink?" and when they come to refill they say "you want more drink?" it just makes me think, if i was the owner of china buffet i would not hire any waitresses, save an assload of money, and just have people get their own drinks (maybe get rid of wine and beer, but that's not losing much) and there, done

mandatory tipping is stupid, but it's become such a norm now that when i consider going to a restaraunt and how much money i will be spending / am willing tp spend, i factor in tipping. if you don't want to tip, just don't fucking go