View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:54 PM       
Actuallyt Ranxer, I know its hard to believe people might agree with Bush because they agree with him, but they do. It was an editorial, and I'm fairly sure he wasn't bribed the Bush administration for his support. As for being dumb. . .Maybe I am just an idiot, but I found myself in agreement for the most part.

Now, Burbie:

"is already eating several of his meals at ofeshore resteraunts or in secluded dining shelters only his expensive meal planner has access to"

Neither here not there. Regardless of how many tax initiatives they took advantage of, or assets they hide from the Fed Gov, the Rich are still paying more than anyone else when it comes to taxes. Not necessarily in percentile, though often that is the case as well, but certainly in dollar amount. Why quibble over how 'unfair' it is that they should enjoy or retain their wealth?

"Often gets other people to pay his share of the meal by lying to them about what the returns on such an investment might be"

Yes, I've noticed an increase of the Noveau Rich applying for medicade and foodstamps lately. Worse yet, is when they insist on court appointed defense attorneys. What assholes. Next thing you know, they will start requesting something in return for their charity donatives. BASTARDS!

"Can pay his share of the meal with the loose change found between the cushions in the back seat of the limo which takes him to the restaurant while the four non paying people have to walk from work to there and back again since they can't afford the bus."

Yes, its a wonder we're not all homeless, I mean look at this nation! Due to the agressive American taxation tactics, most people are limited to only owning multiple televisions and cars! I believe every backyard should have a handstrip, and every porch should sport a yacht. Only then will we all truly be equal!

"Has never, ever in the course of American history been beaten up by anyone, let allone his dinner companions, but spends each and every meal complaining about the possability so loudly no one else can hear themselves think."

Circa 1930s -40's America. Rich bashing was a rather common occourance, and looks as though it may become one again. Personally, I dislike the rich speaking in general terms, because I think they use their affluence irresponsible, but that is a purely personal matter. I don't think their status or assets should be revoked.

But thats not the point. His point was illustrating what would happen if taxes were raised against the rich, and many of them abandoned America for much more fiscally appealing places in Europe of the Caribean

"When was the last time a rich man who was not related to you by blood bought you a dinner mint, let alone a dinner? If this meal plan was not required by the government the rich man would eat alone every night, or in the company of his peers."

And? Should we therefore tax them into poverty so they can 'learn their lesson?' Who is the real Ebenezer here?

"BEWARE ANALOGIES! They are a SHITTY tool for understanding things and no one ever comes up with an analogy prior to coming conclusion."

While I would normally agree, this one isn't all that bad.

"D.) Comparing the Reagan and Kennedy tax cuts is deeply disingenous, as one was supply side and the other was not."

That's like saying comparing Republican and Democrats is stupid because they have different idealogies, on an issue where they have the same aim. The results were similar in that, at least short term, they were affective. If you look at them more than superificially, you might actually note there are some similiarities between them.