View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Protoclown
Prison isn't solely about rehabilitation, it's also about punishment. You're right, some people just can't be rehabilitated. Several studies have shown (and I'll be glad to dig up data, if you like, I'm just recalling stuff from my criminology class right now) that the death penalty is NOT a deterrent to violent crime at all.
I said nothing about rehabilitation. I don't care if the person is sorry or not. Sorry will not bring the victim back. And like I said, if someone doesn't feel sorry for what they did, then how will sitting in a jail cell seem like a just punishment. Prison is based on 2 ideas, in my opinion. #1, keeping scum off of our streets, and #2, making the prisoner rot from the inside out from his guilty conscience, and as I said, some of them HAVE NO CONSCIENCE! Maybe we need a more "cost-effective" system of execution, but that does not mean that we shouldn't have the death penalty at all.

Quote:
Careful. Now you're just sounding like Vince in that last part.
Now THAT is cruel and unusual punishment, Proto.