View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM       
lol the person in charge of marriage licensing in my town refused to do any marriages until the gay amrriage thing ws repealed

she also said that legalizing gay marriage would cost straight americans like a million dollars or something

i kind of wonder if it's really separate but equal to allow gays another instution for legal benefits (like civil unions). It's not like we're saying civil unions are equal to marriage, only that they give some similar benefits. Is marriage and the benefits it gives the same thing? If so, then marriage is already a legal institution. But if marriage is something different than just the (legal) benefits, then I don't think separate but equal applies to this.

ill have to read the whole article later.