Thread: Rachel Corrie
View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:05 PM       
A weak willed bitch? Whoah, 'jump back'.

He never said it didn't matter to him, he said the aggrandizement of her death and the obsessive controversy surrounding detract from real debate on both sides. Having read this thread I see ample evidence that this womans corpse has been fetishized by with more enthusiasm by both sides than a stiff at a Necrophile convention. I cannot imagine a way this could contribute to a cessation of violence. I'm just guessing here, but I bet she was neither a saint nor a demon and died somehwere in between.

You are overly eager for offense, as you were overly eager to hold forth on this subject, which you did the instant someone pulled aside the thin veil you coyly held over your zeal. If anything was weak willed, that was. You have something to say, a point to make, make it. Don't batt your eyelashes and say "Oh, I was just wondering what YOU make of it."

Often you have something to say. Often you are well informed. But speaking as someone who might actually take something away from what you bring to the table, your rabid presentation and your ravenous need to be aggreived and lash out color your arguments.