Thread: Rachel Corrie
View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:59 PM       
Now excuse me, but firstly....what the fuck does an "upper class neighborhood" have to do with the reaction your button got? I really can't wait for an answer to this one.

Secondly. I can tell you one reason why someone would be disturbed by your NIMN pin and it has NOTHING to do with Zionism. Ready? That organization (based out of the Midwest, not Israel) is apparently blind and deaf to violence commited against Israeli citizens. If one reads their news update page on the web they would be completely unaware of the violent acts being commited against innocent civilians..... no mention of terrorism... nothing about Hamas and their refusal to live in peace with Jews... no talk of suicide bombings...it doesn't exist.... the only casualties they see worth acknowledging are those of Palestinians. I have a lot of radical leftist friends who find this disturbing... hell, I'd think anyone with a conscious would find this disturbing. It's about a sense of humanity, not Zionism.

So ranxer, let me suggest that before you wear a button, or engage in debate on a subject as fragile and sticky as the Israel issue, that you do look at all sides of the argument rather then parrot the sources you normally trust. Are you just a causest who follows the party line like a sheep? No matter what the subject I suggest you learn the history before you form an opinion, and voice it in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxer
isreal has policies that single itself out.. i'd like to get more informed before i get into isreal debates but i have seen people get blacklisted and worse for bringing isreal up in public.. the dark cloud that surrounds the israeli issues scares me as much as gwb but i must admit i don't know enough to back up or ague any claims about isreal.. i think i'm in solidarity with the folks that started the 'not in my name' group over there.

i also know that when i wore that button(not in my name) in certain upperclass areas, zionists(they didnt claim to be but after looking into it i guess they were fundamentalist zionists) got really rabbid at me but i didnt know much about what they were yelling