Thread: Rachel Corrie
View Single Post
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:38 PM       
well Abcdx, i was wearing the button where there was a servant class hidden and waiting on the elite with religious overtones (a rare occurance for me) and wasnt aware that many saw the statement of nimn as isreali!
i was wearing it to protest how our taxes are being used and our rights being obliterated to wage the war(on iraq).. i didnt mean to bring up isreal at all and thus was taken by surprise to find that people thought i was 'anti-isreal' from it. i had absolutly no thoughts about isreal related to nimn when i came across that button. and i say zionists but am still not sure what the hell those folks were.
i realized after that i should have 'not in our name' to be more correct to the trademarking of slogans on the net and who knows where else or what for others are using the slogans.
www.notinourname.net

i still think folks can have a general opinion on the isreal conflict without getting into specifics. i'm not voting on the problem(as if i could) so relax i'm just voicing some understandings, questions and maybe some accusations..

but if you think that having empathy for folks that have very little and are up against a wall and worse by a powerful nation that is armed to the teeth is supporting terrorists then i really have no interest in reading yer words about it.

truly many of the 'terrorist' groups only have terrorist elements in them, as kevin is describing them as social groups in a large part is what ive read/heard as well.

the situation is far from being described by our papers and journals, i'm pretty convinced that the disinformation is about as strong if not stronger than the information in the news, especially about isreali conflicts, the terms for the groups and leaders are so simplified its sickening to think of what is not being told. the tendrils of the cia(or other covert ops) and mussad are in the 'terrorist' groups causing untold destruction. there are occasional leaks about it that disappear quickly.. i can't say i know nearly enough about it to name anyone but i suspect that the truth is not let out in too many places. the issues are complex and there are many biases and even some the truth cannot come out or people in power will have reckon with being tried for warcrimes.
this is systematic of the capitalist game today.. get as many hands dirty as you can so everyone is guilty and cannot point fingers unless they are admitting guilt

my assumptions about the conflict are largely based on how power in the hands of the few over the many have similar problems.

but, i'd much rather listen to many varied people from the region than discuss what i think is right or wrong about it