Thread: Rachel Corrie
View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:56 AM       
"Burbank's just dying to give me a manners class. You realize you've made a dozen posts in response to presentation rather then content."
-abcedxx

Someone needs to give you a manners lesson. Presentation vs. 'content' has meaning in this discussion. Suicide bombs and bulldozers are admittedly a different way to persue debate, but I'm not sure they're effective. You knee jerk, rabid enraged victim response typifies Palestinians and Jews. I cannot imagine the cycle of violence ever ending until one or both sides are all dead. Manners, and their concretized practice which we call Law are the time honored method by which humans refrain from killing each other.

"I wasn't playing hard to get, I was seriously questioning the ability of those on this board to see through propaganda ... and apparently you're all a buncha suckers."

Horseshit. That was pure bait and you were disapointed it took as many posts as it did for you to get a chance to climb atop your own soapbox and present your own Propoganda which you see as facts. If you believe the folks that disagree with you sit around twisting their handlebar mustaches and cackling with evil glee over their 'propoganda'... well, scratch that, you do. I imaginbe they think they are just as in the right as you, which is precisely what makes them so dangerous. Moral certainty and Savagery are kissing cousins.

"and they'll believe what they want to in order to support their half baked beliefs"
I assume you're above all that.

"nobody is debating the fact that she died and it was horrible"
Do you think it was horrible? Honestly? Concidering you think she was very nearly a terrorist and you find her writting poetically supports suicide bombing (and I really didn't get that from the passage you quoted. I'm sure there's more, but it is possible to feel for the suffering of Palestinians and imagine it drives them to unforgivable acts. It is possible to imagine that under the same circumstances one might do the same thing without condoning the act.) is her death 'horrible'? I certainly can't get behind doctoring her photo in any way but you seem fairly committed to defaming her character to a bunch of people who far from swallowing propoganda didn't seem to know much of anything about her.

"Next time you see a Rachel Corrie poster, or see her name mentioned, ask yourself who Abigail Litle was... and wonder why nobody cares."

I know who she was, but would never have known there were pictures or the degree to which her death was being manipulated. You manipulate her death to your ends with this very tirade. I personally see her as one more corpse atop a heap, all dead needlessly. If I were a Palestinian I would be ashamed of my people and Angry at the Jews. I'm Jewish and so my feelings are reversed.

Now, since you are obviously eager to tell us all about Abigail Little
why don't you drop your pretenses, start a thread and do so.