Thread: Rachel Corrie
View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:47 PM       
"p.s.. Maybe Palestinians upset YOU because you're Jewish, but the reason they upset me has nothing to do with my religion and everything to do with their actions."

Well, bully for you. I'm sure, as your subtext often implies, you are a righteous person in posession of truth. I am capable of being revolted by terrorism AND feeling that Jews should find occupation Anethema.

"As for rationalizing suicide bombings... a lot of you do it...and you're a bunch of filthy sick fucks for it."

Do you mean posters at I-mock, or are you referring to some more vague phantom enemy? I think you see that rationalization where often it doesn't exist because it makes the person who disagrees with you a 'filthy, sick fuck.'

"I have never heard any demand for the same of the Palestinians except to stop the violence and persecute the terrorist crimes."

How about conceding to being occupied or conceding to settlements on what they think of as their land? They haven't been asked to concede to anything.

"Perhaps the Palestinians need some proper leadership first"

Perhaps 'regime change' will be a part of the US. 'Roadmap'. Then we can set up a a democratic government and lovely relations with Israel will ensue. I loathe Arafat, I know next to nothing about the new PM, but I do know that it's a loosing game to try to determine what constitutes 'proper' leadership for other people. I think it's a garantee for an endless war of attrition.