View Single Post
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
There's probably real fibromyalgia out there somewhere, but same story. I think a lot of people don't understand or are not willing to accept the amount of chronic and sometimes unexplained pain life can dole out. Also that a lot of the time there's not shit you can do about it.
Real fibro happens either genetically, which is the kind you have for life (and usually as a child, too, though age does magnify it), OR it's triggered by a extremely difficult and stressful emotional situation.

It's kind of like when you wind a pocketwatch too much and it springs out -you can put everything back in its place, but it won't work the same way again.
--------------

I have genetic fibromyalgia, and it's another disorder that people like to claim they have. It is indescribably bad to do this, as fibro is a diagnosis made by exclusion. You have to get tested for lupus, lyme, ms, and vitamin d deficiency. They don't mean you don't have fibro, but it means that there's something else causing at least part of it. They'd treat you for that first before making a dx of fibro. I went through quite a bit before they ruled that I had it.

People that just claim to have it and haven't been diagnosed irritate the everliving fuck out of me.