View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 04:31 PM       
But Ror, not all Iraqis are Muslims. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but the parts of Baghdad that are now under best order are the ones being organized by the Shi'ite muslims in Baghdad.

I'm not trying to argue that the Iraqis are lawless savavges who need to be "taught" behavior, however, their rule of law for the past years has in fact been contrary to what you understand as right and just. For example, Iraqi police who have been deemed safe, and I guess "anti-Saddam" have been put back to work. Our troops haven't given them weapons however, because they have always been accustomed to using them in a fashion that wouldn't be accepted here in America. Mirana rights, right to attorney, are these common in Iraq? You would be arrested and killed for speaking out against the government. These are not only rules that have now been dismissed by the Iraqis, they SHOULD b dismissed by the Iraqis.

So now they're in a vacuum. the laws they have known are wrong, and they know this. What do they do? Should we presume they have all read the Second Treatise of Civil Government???