Thread: Science!
View Single Post
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 11:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I think it's referring to completely different universes. Parallel universes, as I recall, are universes that result from the quantum mechanical observations made on subatomic particles. In the animation, these would be part of the 7th dimension, where all possible pathways collapse to a point. The 8th dimension, I think, could be represented by a surfeit of antimatter rather than of matter at the completion of the Big Bang; or even perhaps a different mode of "universe-initiation" not involving a Big Bang (perhaps a Gnab Gib?). In other words, a universe where the known physical constants and physical laws do not apply.

I know a good speculative fiction novel that explores this concept. The novel s fictional, but the physics applied within it is accurate, which makes it a very interesting read.

But what the hell do I know, I'm a chemist, for Christ's sake!
SHIT'S INSANE!