Thread: Science!
View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
If there are multiple universes, the energy required to open a rift between universes must be pretty immense.
I think part of the "string theory" is that these dimensions are curled up within nucleons, and form the basis for the strong nuclear force. It kind of rationalizes the existence of antiparticles, and the duality between antiparticles, and normal particles that move backward in time. In any event, the energy required to generate some of the short lived nucleons - omegas, kaons and the GOD particle (the Higgs Boson) - is indeed immense. Creating these particles can be thought of as moving normal matter through different dimensions ... maybe.

If in reading this you believe I've had too much to drink tonight, you may have a point.

EDIT: Where's Seth when you need him? I could use a good dose of theology right about now.
You may already be there.