View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM       
WEEE:
Quote:
how laws and regulations have been put in place to encourage off shoring of our manufacturing base.

Like what? Unions? Environmental regulations? Health codes? Not allowing child labor?
I hope that they get rid of these things so that our manufacturing base can rise again

Quote:
I person who is in debt and getting paid half what the guy before him made is "plenty" of an incentive to start their own business?

Wow, what a generalization. All small business owners are now getting paid half of what every other small business owner got before the "Depression."

Quote:
And I'm not going to bring up all the taxes, licenses, and selectively enforced regulations that small businesses have to follow.

i'm sure you're not going to bring up anything which would be relevant to your point.
Small business firms MUST Provide health coverage? Interesting:
HERES A QUOTE FOR YOU:
"C. Exemption from Employer Responsibility Requirements
Both the House and the Senate bills would give medium and large firms a financial incentive to provide health insurance coverage to their employees through pay-or-play provisions. These would serve to reduce the financial incentive that some firms have to stop providing employer-sponsored health insurance. However, firms with payrolls or employment levels below a certain threshold would be exempt from these employer responsibility requirements. The proposed thresholds would exempt the vast majority of small firms."
http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/doc...ess-july24.pdf
Oh hey look, everything you said is wrong -- again.

Quote:
US citizens living standard has been cut by 2/3rd

Living standards don't constantly rise. Did you know that recessions are considered a natural part of the economy?
Quote:
College graduates can't even get jobs washing lettuce at the local Jack-In-The-Box.

Maybe they shouldn't have majored in psychology and law.

Quote:
If the government was run by the people for the people then common sense would suggest that all the natural resources in this country our ares

You don't understand the difference between democracy and capitalism? You don't understand the difference between socio-political systems and economic systems?

You're even dumber than I thought.

Quote:
Try getting a bill that gives significant funding to Alcohol, Biofuel, Biodiesel, as a fuel source.

Uhh, well significant funding is a relative term, but there's plenty of funding for this type of shit. one thing to consider is that NOTVERY MANY PEOPLE DRIVE alternative energy vehicles because the cars are expensive and its a new, developing technology -- meaning we don't know how reliable it is yet. Interestingly there are tax credits for those who shell out the money to buy them. There's even tax credits for producing ethanol and shit.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=Advanced+Energy+Research+Project+Grant&aq =f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=c78e48b898b2787e
there's one of the sources of funding
Quote:
I highly doubt that. How can you or any other business compete with people making 25 cents an hour?

because people who make 25 cents an hour don't have degrees in chemistry, a highschool education or anything else which is probably necessary for his job?

Quote:
We must remember the definition of a Recession and that of a Depression. Recessions only last a few months.....after those select number of months then it is defined as a depression.
Wrong again. Many RECESSIONS have lasted more than a few months. Coolie, What is an L-shaped recession?

The answer is a type of recession that can last two or more years. The japanese asset price bubble was an L-shaped recession that lasted 5 years. Look what wikipedia says under L-shaped recession:
Spoilers!

Quote:
A significant decline in activity spread across the economy,
lasting longer than a few months.

two years is longer than a few months, so i don't see the problem.

Quote:
Depression definition

A severe and prolonged recession

Severe and prolonged is a relative term. SO LETS looK At SOME FAMOUS DEPRESSIONS AND SEE HOW LONG THEY LASTED SO We cAN GEt AN IDeA Of how 'pROLOnged' a depression is:
According to HISTORY, the great depression lasted about TEN YEARS (and it could easily be argued that it lasted longer).
The "LONG DEPRESSION" lasted 23 YEARS.
Panic of 1937 was a five year long depression, whose affects lasted years after.

SO, at the very least a prolonged recession should be around FIVE YEARS? What are we at? Two years? We're fine. ALSO L-SHAPED RECEsSIOn. Remember the L-shaped recession in Japan lasted at least five years.

COOLIE'S ARGUMENT IN A NUTsHELL:
BEING TALL IS LIKE BEING OVER SIX FEET TALL. BEING VERY TALL IS LIKE BEING EXTRA TALL. COOLIE IS 6'2, THEREFORE HE IS VERY TALL BECAUSE THATS EXTRA TALLNESS!

PS L-shaped recession rapes your argument in the assgina.