View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM       
I've been reading a lot of Marvel comics lately. They've got a heck of a lineup these days; Superior Spider-Man is actually really interesting; Doc Ock's funny in a way that you don't see very often. Also, the Hawkeye series is absolutely stupendous. The art, the layouts, the writing, it's all phenomenal. I absolutely adore it. Very smart. I'm also interested in their new X-Men book coming out soon.

I wish DC's reboot was as good. "Batman" is pretty great, but all the other Batman books are average at best. Wonder Woman is the only other DC series I haven't dropped yet, though I want to catch up on The Flash; it's a really pretty looking series.

IDW's got some good shit these days too. Their Ghostbusters comic is pretty great, and their current run of the Ninja Turtles is really solid. If you ever liked either one of those franchises as a kid, their current run on both are worthy follow-ups.

Lastly, Bandette is just a really charming series. The first issue is free right now to celebrate its Eisner nomination. Pretty art and fun writing.