View Single Post
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 03:49 AM       
Quote:
It's not observation. It's demand.
on this, we'll have to agree to disagree, i suppose.

Quote:
There are more than two directions in life, and there's no middle ground. Some stands we make negate others, and not all ends can be served.
agreed.

Quote:
Point in question, the philosophy you presented with that religious poem whatever it was, and my creation-based point of view do not have some middle ground. The premises of the first contrast with those of the other.
i'm not sure what you mean here. creation-based, as in non-evolution? if so, how does that contrast with what's presented in the text?

Quote:
The text you presented, took too much for granted, and then came to conclusions, which in that shallow context seem inavoidable. It's simple to look at life in dualistic terms, but ultimately not constructive.
what is it taking for granted? that sorrow and joy are inseparable? i don't believe we can understand one without having felt the other. having known deeper sorrow does allow for knowing deeper joy. this has been my experience. (and btw, that's only one chapter of the book.)

Quote:
The peace you speak of, is just another way to say you are wanting happiness. Happiness found in peace or in any other way is still happiness. The peace you speak off, is that found in the absence of opposing forces? An uneventfull day, as peacefull as it is would be really boring, to speak in base terms. If you are tired of living, I suggest you shouldn't disguise it into some philosophy. I hope it's not the case.
no. i'm not interested in uneventful, void days. even when i'm wracked with sorrow, i have a peace inside me that i can't explain. and it's not about the absence of opposing forces, either. i am constantly warring between juxtaposed emotions internally; it's my nature to analyze all sides of an argument, and it's not uncommon for me to feel two seemingly opposite ways at once.

Quote:
Even the joke came out bland.
i didn't notice, probably because you mentioned negotiate and cock. :P