View Single Post
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 02:21 PM       
Youre absolutely right. After reading your reply, I've been trying to somehow connect this aspect of a personality into the creation-based viewpoint I now adhere to, since I am like that as well. I am easily interested in many an aspect of humanity, and I value knowledge and understanding much in the same way I value artistic creation, in that it gives me a sense of satisfaction that is unlike pedestrian euphoria, and somewhat unconnected with practical application. An end in itself. Besides knowledge and artistic expression, ethics, living by them, why and how, must be somehow added into this viewpoint, and the whole structure should then collapse into a coherent logical whole. Looking back as it is now, it's incomplete.

It is possible that man besides being as Aristotle said, a communal and political animal, is also inclined towards creation inherently, and also inherently ethical; I believe persuing proof in that direction is possible and essential in the understanding of self and society.

Thanks for bringing this into my attention