View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 09:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
What about the Native Americans? Many can argue that they are slaves to the bottle.
First you claim that the majority of gay people are drug addict alcoholics, which is admittedly caused by people like you on purpose, and now you are trying to claim that all Native Americans are alcoholics, too? Where are your "sources" on that one, huh?

Quote:
I will teach my kids my ideas, and I will have many kids, and my kids will have their own kids, and maybe somewhere along the line the chain will be broken s it is anywhere, but before it is, there will be many conservatives with Spartan ethics.

The culture war isn't over.

And we are going to beat you.
SPARTAN? You're trying to tell me that you are one of the last of an ancient military unit? I take it back, you shouldn't have kids, not because you are a bigot, but because you have sich crazy delusions of grandeur!

Oh, and I'm not a liberal. I'm just liberal about this one point. I am actually a moderate, but just to play your game a bit longer (even though I am tired of your 6 year old style of making the rules "I'm right so I win"), I will say this:

Let's look at the definition of "conservative", as presented by one of the very sites you used in your thread against that Greek Gayness that is so prevalent in society today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Burkean conservatives wish to conserve heritage; they advocate the current social climate. To a Burkean, any existing value or institution has undergone the correcting influence of past experience and ought to be respected. Burkeans do not reject change, as Burke wrote "a state without the means of change is without the means of its conservation," but they insist that further change be organic, rather than revolutionary.
So, by definition, you believe that our society is perfect (or at least was when white men could hold black slaves), and should not change? Or is it that it is allowed to change, but nevver due to a revolution (because what good ever came from a revolution anyway, right?)

Can a revolution not be organic? Maybe I am not completely understanding the terms used, but to me, at least, it seems that organic would mean something that evolves within the society for a long period of time, and a revolution (according to this)happens all at once? Preposterous idea. Revolution is an idea that grows within the minds of the citizens for a long time. It begins as agitation, and over many years, possibly decades or even longer, it grows until the idea becomes so big that society has the choice of either accepting the idea or killing those that hold it. Usually, both happen. Societty refuses the change at first, causing war, and then when the idea only burns brighter in the minds of those who hold it, society accepts said change and moves on to the next revolution (which I hear is going to be the next Nintendo product, but that's another story for another forum).

So, looking back at this definition, it seems to me that it is impossible for conservatives to win a culture war because revolution happens naturally. It is the way of the world. And revolutions, whether successful or failure, leave some mark on society. A mark that cannot be gotten rid of.

Oh, and chew on this, my Spartan friend. Rome fell due to staying static (or "conservative") in their ways. When a society refuses to change, corruption sets in, and weakness spreads. The only thing that saved that area is the Christian "Revolution". Now, it seems, a new revolution is needed to clear away much of the corruption and barbarism that has "organically" occurred in our society, much of which you and others like you are responsible for.

It seems you're going to get your wish. America is going to be the New Rome. Too bad that empire fell to barbarians.