View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 06:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
Well, I guess Martin Luther King's assasination was sarcasm too. I guess Amadou DiAllo's raping was sarcasm too. How about Hitler? Was he being sarcastic too? I guess we didn't see the joke in killing six million jews.

How making fun of a whole race of people? Making fun of their disadvantages and hardships? It's so easy to live in peaceful Virginia, have food on your table, and even own a computer and cool toys. How about the children in Mexico, South America, Africa? I guess it's funny to point out their poverty and harsh life, when you're living in such comfort.
While I can sympathize with you Kal, and I too think the "******" and "jew" shit has gotten a bit out of hand, I think you need to lighten up a bit and realize the context of which these things are said.

Roger already said this, but most people on this board are NOT racists, anti-semites, whatever. They may have poor taste in humor, but that's not a crime in this world, it's an epidemic.

Also, I hate to pull out the old saying, but those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Look at your avatar. It depicts a violent image. I am offended by that. Look at the image in your sig, it has a marijuana leaf and the Soviet hammer & sickel next to Christ. Are you insinuating that Christ was a Stalinist who endorses the killing of millions of people? Are you implying that Christ was a drug addict? Well I'm offended.

My point is this: On a board that prides itself on holding nothing sacred, well, ....nothing is sacred.