Thread: Car Accident
View Single Post
Thulsa Doom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 12:54 PM       
I once crashed into a Honda Accord, which in turn hit a BMW. Talk about winning the lottery. The guy driving the Honda turned out to be some narc or ATF agent or whatever. He tried to bullshit me with some story that he was on his way to the airport to arrest some wanted felon or whatever. Alone, in a Honda? Yeah right.....

The guy driving the BMW was actually cool. After filing a police report on the accident, he told me not to worry because his insurance covered it. But the Honda dude was a real pain in the ass. I agreed to pay for the repairs. We took his car to a local car body shop that belongs to my friend's dad. They fixed his car like new (hell, I think it even looked better than it did before the crash). He still wasn't happy, complaining of 'uneven patterns here, a dull spot there'. I didn't see anything wrong with it, so I took it to a second shop. The guy at the next shop told me there was nothing wrong with the job they did at the previous shop, so he warned me that the guy was probably trying to scam some money off me.

The guy took me to court, insisting that he wasn't satisfied with the repair, and that he wanted like $5,000 to 'fully repair the damage done'. So, on top of fixing his car, he wanted $5,000. He was even complaining about having a bad back after the accident. The judge asked him for exam and evaluation results, which the guy failed to come up with. After some court hearings, the judge knew what the guy was onto. The judge basically told him to leave me the fuck alone, insisting that I have fulfilled my part in fixing his car. Fucking scam artist.