View Single Post
Forum Virgin

Type40 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 09:22 PM       
Okay, I agree with Proto on MANY of these characters...but I have to draw the line on THREE of them!

Sorry Proto, but your usual infalliable comics wisdom has finally fallen woefully short!

GORILLA GRODD

When written correctly (see Geoff Johns' run on Flash), Grodd is a MAJOR BADASS! Think about it; he's a moral-less super-intelligent telepath, and a gigantic bloodthirsty bull ape! He's the comic equivalent of chocolate and peanut butter baby! With hair!

Grodd has NO QUALMS about killing a 'puny human' with his bare teeth, and almost did numerous times to the Flash during this run! And if that's not enough, during his prison breakout he grabbed Flash's friend Hunter Zolomon, lifted him over his head and casually SNAPPED HIS SPINE...basically for 'esses and gees'! He's the one Rogue that makes the Flash afraid (CANON FACT!), and that's saying something. Read Johns' run on Flash, then decide...that is, if you've actually read them. You got his origins totally incorrect, so I wonder...

CAPTAIN COLD

Another cool (pardon the pun) villain, pick up THIS ISSUE to see why. It'll change your mind faster than athe sledgehammer of truth that is Colbert.

APOCALYPSE

Okay, so you were right on this character...BUT ONLY WHEN NOT WRITTEN AND DRAWN BY WALTER SIMONSON WHO IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER AMEN! And that is all I have to say about that.

Don't get me wrong, Proto, I do love your columns. However, you were SERIOUSLY off base on these three...okay, on the first two. Do yourself the favor of reading the entire Geoff Johns run of the Flash. It was a great run, fleshed out the characters, and was from Johns' 'MAGICAL TIME'. That mystical period before he was lured off to write the editor-laided dog turd that is 'Infinite Crisis'...you know, when he was a GOOD writer.

DALEKS! W00T!