View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 10:58 PM       
Well, I suppose we all have our own opinions, eh? I'm admittedly "playing up" my hatred of some of these characters for the sake of the column, but by and large in most of the instances I've seen them, they've been portrayed incredibly lamely. Soooo many people love Apocalypse and talk about how "badass" he is, but he's one of those guys who if you really think about for more than a few minutes just seems really quite stupid.

Admittedly, I've seen very little of Gorilla Grodd and Captain Cold in action, having never been a huge Flash fan, and I pulled a lot of my Grodd info off of Wikipedia. Geoff Johns is one of those guys who can make just about any character seem awesome though...and I wouldn't say he's lost his writing talent at all. I've immensely enjoyed his run on the new Justice Society of America, Action Comics, and I hear he's doing great things on Green Lantern though I only read the first issue of the relaunch.

Would I ACTUALLY want to kill any of these characters if I ever got a writing gig at DC or Marvel? Probably not. I'd be more inclined to simply ignore most of them, or perhaps try my hand at making some of them seem cooler/less ridiculous than they've been in the past.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these characters though. Perhaps I will check out Johns's Flash run to see what I've been missing.