View Single Post
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM       
Hmm I listened to a good bit of your album.

I feel like you've sort of put yourself into a box. It seems to me that you use the same synths over and over. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but some of the tracks just sort of sound a whole lot alike. I think maybe the drum tracks could have a little more flare, and as well as maybe working on the levels of the over all production. Also, I think you should try sampling more or recording your own vocals and then manipulating the wav into something strange instead of using the Microsoft Sam stuff so much. It's OK in conservative moderation, but I wouldn't overly use it as much, personally.

I hope the paragraph above doesn't come across as dickish or anything man. I don't want to discourage anyone in the slightest from posting their work. I was just putting in my two cents.

Filth, Humdrum, In Which We Shame The Devile, and Disinfective are my favorites. I like Filth's breakdown synth near 2:40. Humdrum has a classic hard techno/industrial sound to it that I can dig on. Disinfective's drum tracks remind me of early electro/80s and I pretty much have a constant hard on for that kind of music. IWWStD has a whole lot of potential and I think you should revisit it. Maybe you can send me some of the synth lines and we could collab if you wouldn't mind

Cheers